FEATURED POST: AGNOSTIC ADVENT

103123 Twenty-five Myths about my Deconversion from Christianity

Tuesday, October 31, 2023

103123 Twenty-five Myths about my Deconversion from Christianity

I want to dispel some myths about my Post-Christian status and journey. 

 I laid awake early this morning  (3:40 am) writing this list of twenty-five “myths”.  It is Halloween.  It seems timely that I share this list on my blog today… considering the last item.  It would take weeks and months to go into detail with each of these items.  So instead of trying and postponing the sharing of this list with details, I will just share the list.  Maybe one day I can expand it to a fuller picture for people trying to understand me where I am… or maybe not.  For now, it’s a list.  Take it or leave it.  

(As I go through this list during, what I am calling,  Agnostic Advent, I will link each of the twenty-four myths to their corresponding blog post) 

1. I chose this.

2. There was one thing that caused it.

3. I’m still just deconstructing. 

4. It’s a phase.

5. It hurts you more than it hurts me.

6. I’m free to behave anyway I want to.

7. I have it all figured out.

8. Labels define me with accuracy. 

9. No Jesus means no Creator.

10. Agnostic = Atheist = Humanist.

11. Atheist = Anti-theist.  I want the end of religion.

12. The way I see things now is the way I will see things always.

13. I know myself fully now.

14. Not going to church caused this. 

15. I blamed “God” for the deaths in my family. 

16. It’s all about me now.

17. I understand science now that I don't have theology as a narrative.

18. My journey is the same as other agnostics or atheists. 

19. I didn’t read the Bible right.

20. I am overthinking it.

21. No Jesus, No Hope.

22. I lost all belief at once ( Jesus, Creator, Afterlife. Divine intervention, prayer).

23. I don’t value my past in Christianity. 

24. I have the truth or I am certain I am right.

25. Halloween is my favourite holiday. 


Okay… I will expand on the last one.  Halloween’s energy seems to come from the two things I am trying to purge from my life…. Fear and Sugar. (Sugar is the easier of the two)   So without those two, I have no need to invest energy in this day.  I have dedicated October 31 to celebrate the birthday of my cat Twinkel.  

Written October 31, 2023

No comments:

Post a Comment