FEATURED POST: AGNOSTIC ADVENT

103123 Twenty-five Myths about my Deconversion from Christianity

Saturday, December 9, 2023

120923 Agnostic Advent: Myth #9: "No Jesus means no Creator"

This has to be one of the biggest bones of contention I have with others who have been privy to my story as of late.  I understand that Christianity lumps Jesus and Creator into one. When I told a Christian friend that I couldn't navigate the Jesus story as "truth" or factual for me, he jumped right away to the evidence of a creator of the cosmos.  In his understanding, the two are married.  At that point, I hadn't even crossed the Creator bridge yet.  I was just dealing with the messiness of the Jesus narrative.  

In my head, Jesus and Creator are two different journeys.  The Jesus character is two thousand years old, the Creator character is supposed to be over seventeen billion years old or timeless.  That alone tells me that we are dealing with two different stories.  Two different stories require two different journeys to navigate.   

I have multiple blogs where I share the  process of  both journeys.  I may have come to some peace seeing Jesus as a legendary story that Christians have changed and divided so much over the last two millennia.  I am still pretty agnostic about the beginning of the cosmos, and to me, that is where Creator still is.  Creator, for me,  is nothing like the God of the Christian Bible.  Creator, for me, isn't an entity that I talk to on a regular basis.  Creator is the beginning, whatever that beginning looked like.  I don't know, I wasn't there.  

I will go into the science dilemma more on December 17.  For now, I will share some of my blog posts from four different blogs about some of my thoughts about Creator.   It is an ongoing journey of understanding, but never really coming to a conclusion.  Just the conclusion that it's not about Jesus anymore.  


Agnostic Closet: In my own story (January 9, 2022) 

Ruby Gets Real: "Narnia is born in "THE MAGICIAN'S NEPHEW" by C.S.Lewis  (June 25, 2022) 

Precious Poetry: Ikimpa Umwuka ( July 13, 2022) 

Authentic Lent: Day 17: One Can't Create (March 10, 2023)


(Written December 9, 2023) 

No comments:

Post a Comment