FEATURED POST: AGNOSTIC ADVENT

103123 Twenty-five Myths about my Deconversion from Christianity

Thursday, December 7, 2023

120723 Agnostic Advent Myth #7: "I have it all figured out."

I used to believe I had it all figured out at quite a few junctions in my life. Why would I change to something else if I didn’t feel like it was the right place to land? Now in my mid fifties I am far less confident that I’ve landed anywhere. 


Life is not a math problem to be solved; it’s an ongoing unplanned field trip to be experienced. I do what I do now because it works for me now. Sometimes things make sense in one moment and the next they don’t. 


Something age brought to me was an insight into my place in the cosmos. I am not really that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things. If I can figure on one thing at this moment in time, it’s that today matters more than yesterday or tomorrow. That is all the cosmic math I can handle right now. 


(written December 7, 2023) 

No comments:

Post a Comment