FEATURED POST: AGNOSTIC ADVENT

103123 Twenty-five Myths about my Deconversion from Christianity

Tuesday, December 12, 2023

121223 Agnostic Advent Myth #12 "The way I see things now is the way I will see things always."

I’m on a journey, not at a destination. Some things I like about where I am and some things could do with a change. 


One thing I hope to see a change in is my label. 


I would like a better label than something that tells me what I am not. I would like a label that come close to what I am, yet not close enough to negate the need for further conversation. Maybe that would be a label that would invite conversation. 


I still don’t like the idea of needing labels. However there is not a way to get around the common use of labels. Maybe I can find something that is more of my choosing and less imposed on me by others. 


I just wrote a couple days ago how I was okay with the Agnostic-Atheist label, but it does define what I am not… not what I am. Maybe because it’s easier to figure out what I am not by a process of elimination. To discover who I am… well... that is the journey. 


(written December 12, 2023) 


No comments:

Post a Comment