FEATURED POST: AGNOSTIC ADVENT

103123 Twenty-five Myths about my Deconversion from Christianity

Friday, June 30, 2023

061723 My Words Matter

It matters. It really matters. It matters that my words don’t matter to those who matter. I may be able to shrug it off when I am abruptly told that my words are not a food that my loved ones care to taste much less digest;  but my heart and soul are put into my words; to have them ignored hurts. It is why I believe that I, as a person, don’t matter. It is why I get excited when a stranger is moved by my words. My value as a person hinges on my words. 


All that said, how can I impose passion on anyone. A forced admiration is no more encouraging than being ignored. 


I believe most of my words will stay wrapped up in their cocoon until the day I stop breathing. Maybe then and only them will they be heard and loved. Maybe only then will they fly. 


(Written June 17, 2023) 

No comments:

Post a Comment