FEATURED POST: AGNOSTIC ADVENT

103123 Twenty-five Myths about my Deconversion from Christianity

Friday, June 30, 2023

052023 I still can't pray for rain

I still can’t pray for rain 

Fires all around me

Smoke  in my eyes

Even if I must evacuate

Leave my home to the flames 

I still can’t pray for rain


I can long for the life giving water

Hope that the skies open up

Wait for a rise in humidity 

Look for the darker clouds

And dance for joy when the first drop comes

But I still can’t pray for rain


Is it because no one’s there to answer 

Or someone’s there that doesn’t care

Or what”s there has no power to perform 

Maybe all, maybe none

I really don’t know


All I have is what’s inside of me

To breathe and hope and wait 

For the rain that comes when it comes 


(Written May 20, 2023) 

No comments:

Post a Comment