FEATURED POST: AGNOSTIC ADVENT

103123 Twenty-five Myths about my Deconversion from Christianity

Monday, August 14, 2023

081423 The Friend I don't fear losing

When asked about how I perceived a friend’s world view, I didn’t have a great answer, because I could define it well. I have known that person for more than forty years. One would think that I would know her world view. But thinking about it, I realized that our relationship is built on something more tangible. It’s not about what we think when we are together it’s more about what we do. We have just been there in each other’s space doing things together. I don’t think the focus has ever been on how we view the world as much as what we do together while we are in the world. If I had more friends like that I wouldn’t be so worried about hurting their feelings, disappointing them, or being awkward around them.  Those are the friends that I don’t fear losing. 


(Written August 14, 2023) 

No comments:

Post a Comment