FEATURED POST: AGNOSTIC ADVENT

103123 Twenty-five Myths about my Deconversion from Christianity

Wednesday, June 12, 2024

061224 "You have a right to feel empty."

 "You have a right to feel empty."

I just saw these seven words of encouragement on one of my Facebook groups.  There was something profound in these words for me.  After decades of being taught to fear the void... it is strangely comforting.  It is the same wisdom I would pass along to someone who has just lost a family member or a dear friend.  It's okay.. "you've done nothing wrong."... also words of encouragement from the same post.  We don't need a full glass of water all the time. The air is sacred too.  It's what we need to breathe so we don't drown.  I call it the balance of life.  

(Written on June 12, 2024 - during my first visit to Fort McMurray) 

No comments:

Post a Comment