FEATURED POST: AGNOSTIC ADVENT

103123 Twenty-five Myths about my Deconversion from Christianity

Friday, September 8, 2023

080923 Not the Lawyer of the Cosmos

I'm glad I'm not the lawyer for the Cosmos. I tell people, I'm not a theologian or a scientist, I'm a poet. I let people see the agnostic in me more than the atheist. I tell people I am only fifty five years old and not nearly old enough to debate the existence of the universe with any credibility. I realize that there are more important things than having a position on the hot potato subject of "God existing or not". I am starting to let people hear that I am trying to navigate my worldview based on those fifty five years, not on a 2000 year old story. 

As much as I enjoy listening to Richard Dawkins... he can have his debate platform. I don't want it. He's closer to the beginning of time than I am... and a little more confident than I am about things that maybe are okay left in the realm of the unknown. I don't like certainty... be that theological or scientific. I am much more comfortable understanding that Love is the prime energy of the universe. So I need to work harder at loving people and critters and nature and spend less energy on trying to figure out how I got her in the first place. 

I'm here through no decision of my own. What can I do about it? There are some people who have grown to appreciate my existence. Maybe all the purpose I have in this world is to make their days a little bit better. 

(written September 8, 2023) 

No comments:

Post a Comment